Deduplication database reaching QI time threshold - V11 SP13 Hotfixes?

Last post 03-30-2019, 3:15 AM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Deduplication database reaching QI time threshold - V11 SP13 Hotfixes?
    Posted: 03-28-2019, 1:23 PM

I am running V11 SP13 and for the last month, I've been getting the Deduplication Database Threshold alert:

• Event ID: 36440457
    • Monitoring Criteria: (Event Code equals to 32:432|32:440)
    • Severity: Major
    • Job ID: 0
    • Event Date: Wed Mar 27 18:26:37 2019
    • Program: MediaManager
    • Description: Deduplication database(s) reaching QI time threshold. [ {StoreName[SIDB_GDSP_COMMLIBP04_30DAY_GDSP_COMMLIBP04_30DAY_Primary (Jul 23 2018 2:21PM)] StoragePolicy[GDSP_COMMLIBP04_30DAY] Copy[GDSP_COMMLIBP04_30DAY_Primary] MediaAgent[commap05] Path[S:\GDDB_30] PrimaryRecords[1095535678] AvgQITime[1429]} ]. Please review the deduplication database configuration. For more details please refer Deduplication Building Block Guide on Books Online.

About a year ago when I was running V11 SP11, I ran into the same alerts and managed to fix it with the then-hotfixes for V11 SP11. My latest set of SP13 hotfixes are from Feb 14, 2019. Do you know if there are any hotfixes since then to address this issue? Thanks.

• Re: Deduplication database reaching QI time threshold - V11 SP13 Hotfixes?
    Posted: 03-30-2019, 3:15 AM

Hi Jshen

Reviewing the Event that you have posted, the DDB is only showing an average Q&I times of 1400 micro-seconds, which is just above 70%. 

The usual recommendation is to have it under 2ms (or 2000 micro-seconds), so although it is reporting a threshold event, unless you are actually having backup performance issue it shouldn't be a major issue. 

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy