Free Space from a Killed JOB.

Last post 04-04-2019, 3:26 PM by john.c. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Free Space from a Killed JOB.
    Posted: 04-04-2019, 1:28 PM

Hello people.

I am a litle new with Commvault.

We have a free space problem right now with a Disk Library.
    So, yestarday ran a Job that is too big for the actual space on the Library and we have to Killed.
    In spite of was Killed, this Jobs is consuming space on the Library and i dont see it on the Storage Policies Jobs to Deleted..

What option i have to delete this Killed Job..

Thanks.

- Mario

Mario Peralta
  • Re: Free Space from a Killed JOB.
    Posted: 04-04-2019, 1:42 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 07-19-2019, 12:17 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,646

With minimal expceptions, most killed jobs are commited to allow for the data that was backed up to still be available for restore.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=103465.htm

• Re: Free Space from a Killed JOB.
    Posted: 04-04-2019, 3:26 PM

I offten ran into this with our huge 17TB exchange backups that would write new data to the other DDB partiton because a DDB recon was running which caused the library to fill up fairly quickly.  I would kill the job and run data aging which reclaimed the space for me.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy