Open Stack Restore VM failed

Last post 04-08-2019, 12:00 PM by jszutarski. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Open Stack Restore VM failed
    Posted: 04-08-2019, 10:35 AM
    Hi dear all,
    I am new to Open Stack backup and recovery, I able to backup the Open Stack VMs but somehow failed with below error during recovery. 
    29026 716e 04/08 15:23:14 117 CheckCinderQuotaUsage() - Available volumes quota [5] for tenant [platform-poc]
    29026 716e 04/08 15:23:14 117 _CheckCinderQuota() - Insufficient quota to create disks to restore VM. Error [Failed to meet volume type level quota [gigabytes_default]. Required: 40, Available: 0, In-Use: 0 (out of 0)]
    I have edited the quotas for volumes of the project as well as the volumes-defualt value to 50 but restore still failing.
    Appreciate if any of you could point out which value to edit as I have very limited knowledge in OpenStack.
    Hereby attach the vsrst.log for your reference.
    Thanks and regards,
    Lee
    Attachment: vsrst.txt
  • Re: Open Stack Restore VM failed
    Posted: 04-08-2019, 11:21 AM

What SP/hotfix pack are you on for v11?

Posted: 04-08-2019, 11:30 AM

jszutarski:

What SP/hotfix pack are you on for v11?

Hi jszutarski,

CS, MA and Proxy are on v11 SP15, i'm not sure about the hotfixes numbers. 

thanks and regards,

Lee

Posted: 04-08-2019, 12:00 PM

I was able to find the following - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpsGuide-Quotas

In the logging, I also saw the following:

29026 716e 04/08 15:23:14 117 CheckVMInfoError() - Unknown VMInfo error [39]

Unfortunately I'm not seeing much for this particular error - you may want to work with Support to look into this further.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy