SAP HANA Restore failure - recovery strategy could not be determined

Last post 04-28-2019, 5:32 PM by ssunkara. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • SAP HANA Restore failure - recovery strategy could not be determined
    Posted: 04-28-2019, 4:46 PM

Hi Everyone,

Our production HANA system backups are DASH copied to our DR datacenter. When we refresh non-prod systems which all reside in our DR datacenter the source of backup data is the DASH copy (copy 2). When we attempt to restore from copy 2 the restore operation fails with "recovery strategy could not be determined" but succeed using the default copy 1.

I've seen others have experienced similar issues but unsure how to resolve this.

The jobs in question are seen on media for copy 2, so not sure what the issue is here.

Can anyone enlighten me whether I should raise a support case to pursue?

We are CV11 SP13+

Alex

• Re: SAP HANA Restore failure - recovery strategy could not be determined
    Posted: 04-28-2019, 5:32 PM

Hi Alex,

Please confirm these and check:

1)Is all the required Logs also copied to dash copy?

2)  If not , please make sure logs also available on copy 2 and then try PIT cross server restore.

3) IF you still has issue, please check following:

I) make sure topology same as source.

II) Check the trace logs and backup.log/backint.log for any errors.

4) IF backint.log has errorrs during the inquiry ,m means some logs may be not available on copy 2.

IF the issue still persists, please contact support to get helped.  

Thanks,

Srinivas

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy