New to CommVault/Training

Last post 06-05-2019, 2:56 AM by Anthony.Hodges. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • New to CommVault/Training
    Posted: 05-20-2019, 6:16 PM

Hello,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question. I am completely new to CommVault, and was tasked with being the administrator for our organizations CommVault system. I am just trying to find out if there are any training resources out there that I can utilize so I can figure out my way around the system and be able to ensure backups are being done.

I can usually figure things out pretty fast just browsing around, but everything seems so complex with this system. 

• Re: New to CommVault/Training
    Posted: 05-20-2019, 6:26 PM

Hello,

Get on Traning ASAP. There is alot that needs to be looked into and maintained :

https://ea.commvault.com/

Things to look at immediately.

1. Licence usage

2. Access to https://ma.commvault.com/

3. DDB and Index V2 Backups are running

4. Hotfix and Service Pack you are on supported (Support only goes back 5 Service Packs)

5. How much space is left on your Maglibs

6. What agent types you  have configured etc

7. What your Gobal filters are doing

8. Do the number of hosts in your environment line up with the number of clients you backup

9. What are your schedules doing. Are servers backing up each night etc

Hayden

Posted: 06-03-2019, 10:15 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,707

Start poking around in the documentation and pay attention to the results of the daily job summary reports that should be scheduled to get an idea of the day to day. 

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=d\ocumentation.htm

Your account rep should be able to help you get scheduled for training. 

Posted: 06-05-2019, 2:56 AM

There is a bit of a learning curve but perhaps the quickest way you can inspect the environment is by using the Commvault Command Center (formerly known as Commvault Admin Console).  It is a HTML5 web front to the Commvault application with slick dashboards that can provide you with easy insight into what has been backing up and a failing.  It runs off the Commvault Web Server (which may also be your CommServe Server) with a url something like http://commvaultwebserver.yourdomain.local/adminconsole.  You can also access the Command Center/Admin Console by logging into the Java UI and clicking the Web Console button on the tool button "Web Console".  Get yourself trained up, but if you can get into the Command Center/Admin Console first it will certainly help.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy