"Failed to create folder" error while configuring DR backups upload to Cloud

Last post 05-31-2019, 6:02 AM by Michal_Mikulik. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • "Failed to create folder" error while configuring DR backups upload to Cloud
    Posted: 05-29-2019, 2:49 AM

Hello,

I am trying to configure "Upload backup metadata to Commvault Cloud" setting. Seems that Cloud login is ok, but some post-login configuration is failing.

CVCloudService.log is reporting:

10580 3ec8  05/29 08:23:25 ### CVCloudService::ExecuteDRFolderSetUpWorkflow() - Error: Failed to execute setup folder workflow in cloud for Commcell GUID [BB03E364-...]. Total retry count [5]

10580 3ec8  05/29 08:23:25 ### CVCloudService::init() - Error: Failed to create folder.

What to troubleshoot more?

Ver. 11 SP15

Thanks

Michal

• Re: "Failed to create folder" error while configuring DR backups upload to Cloud
    Posted: 05-29-2019, 7:27 AM

Hello,

Can you please let me know the Commcell Id or send the CVCloudService.log?

Thanks,

Abhinaw

• Re: "Failed to create folder" error while configuring DR backups upload to Cloud
    Posted: 05-30-2019, 7:33 AM

Hallo,

log attached.

link https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/api is working ("webservice is running")

Regards

Michal

Attachment: CVCloudService.txt
    Posted: 05-30-2019, 8:34 AM

Hi,

Yes, the webservice is up and running, this seems to me a configuration issue.

However, i cannot see anything in the attachement, can you please email me the logs at abhinawkumar@commvault.com?, or let me know the Commcell ID, i can check on cloud end.

Thanks

Abhinaw Kumar

Posted: 05-30-2019, 8:42 AM

Hello,

sorry wrong attachment. Now ok:

Attachment: CVCloudService.txt
    Posted: 05-30-2019, 9:24 AM

Hello,

your Commcell isn't registered to cloud, can you please register your Commcell using documentation http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=40674.htm

Thanks

Abhinaw Kumar

Posted: 05-31-2019, 6:02 AM

Hello,

thanks, I missed this step. Now DR backups to Cloud are configured ok and working.

Regards

Michal

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy