Failed to delete client

Last post 06-19-2019, 3:30 AM by HaschkeD. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Failed to delete client
    Posted: 06-14-2019, 6:06 AM

Hi. I am trying to delete a client (VMWare virtual server). I did "Deconfigure" and the icon in the "Client Computers" tree is dimmed.

When I right-click it, though, and select "Delete", after I enter the "erase and reuse media" text, I get a dialog box message Error: "Failed to delete Client". No indication of why it failed.

Anybody know how to trouble-shoot this?

Thanks
    Dennis

• Re: Failed to delete client
    Posted: 06-19-2019, 12:59 AM

Hi Dennis 

On the CommServe there is a log file call "EvMgrS.log", can you please share a snippet of the log when you attempt to "Delete" the client 

This might provide more information on the cause of the error

Kind regards

Winston 

Posted: 06-19-2019, 2:05 AM

Hi Dennis.. 

I've seen this also... I didn't get any indication of why either. 

My issue was that the CVLT Virtual Server Agent was listed in the Array Management. This was tied to a vCenter instance I was trying to delete. I had to delete this one first, and then I was able to delete virtual server client itself...  Maybe the same issue at your end?

/Rubeck

Posted: 06-19-2019, 3:30 AM

Bingo...that's it.
    Thank you very much.....

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy