Exchange Block Level Backup

Last post 07-15-2019, 8:15 AM by HaschkeD. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Exchange Block Level Backup
    Posted: 06-19-2019, 8:34 AM

Hello,
    i use Simpana 11 SP 14 with "Exchange Mailbox Backup" to recover single mails from a mailbox.
    I want to change it to "Block Level Backup":

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=17131.htm

But my problem is that when i create a recovery point Simpana creates the data for the recovery point on my drive C:\.
    Drive C:\ runs then out of capacity.
    Is it possible to change the setting that Simpana creates the mount point on another drive?

Regards

Dennis 

• Re: Exchange Block Level Backup
    Posted: 06-19-2019, 10:11 AM
    Recovery Point is written to the Media Agent you choose in the job results directory - you can change the job results directory, or point the recovery point action to another MA.

Posted: 06-19-2019, 11:04 AM

Where can i change the job result directory?

Posted: 06-19-2019, 11:31 AM
    Posted: 06-21-2019, 3:04 AM

OK, actually it seems that if i create a recovery point Simpana will put the data under C:\Windows\Temp.....
    Is this correct that this is the default path and if i change the log path that then another path is selected?

Becaus actually the default log path is C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\iDataAgent\JobResults.... and i don't understand why Simpana puts the data under C:\Windows\Temp....

Posted: 06-24-2019, 2:05 PM

I changed the job result folder, but exchange recovery point data still written to C:\Windows\Temp...

I found a path selection like in the attachmnet but if i set it to another one data still written on C:\Windows\Temp too.....

Attachment: Temp.png BlockLevel.JPG
    Posted: 06-24-2019, 4:16 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 07-17-2019, 2:54 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,642

I think by default the block level follow the system variable settings for the temp folder. 

There maybe an additional setting for this. 

Posted: 06-25-2019, 2:46 PM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 07-17-2019, 2:54 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,642
    Posted: 06-25-2019, 2:48 PM

I beleive what you're wanting to do is relocate the 3Dfs location.  I had the same problem in this post.  

http://forum.commvault.com/forums/thread/60871.aspx

One thing I did was create a VM dedicated to Exchange restores.  I loaded the Exchange agent and also the media agent CV software on it.  

This way I don't touch production and risk  impacting Exchange services. 

Posted: 07-15-2019, 8:15 AM

I opened a commvault ticket.
    Reason: C++ 2012 is necessary and if you want to change the path you must change the system variable setting......

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy