Tape media usage

Last post 06-24-2019, 9:09 AM by Wwong. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tape media usage
    Posted: 06-19-2019, 10:26 AM

I have a tape that has space on it to be written to but the library exports it next time vaulttracker runs when i place it in the library.  I noticed next to the exportable tab in the properties it has a message "(media will not be used for data protection/auxilary copy jobs)"  I was wondering how to change the state of this so it can be written to again without deleting whats already on it.  The media is marked appendable.

• Re: Tape media usage
    Posted: 06-20-2019, 3:48 AM

Hi CGS

It sounds like in the Vault Tracker Policy, there might be an option enabled to mark media for export upon Aux Copy completion. 

If possible can you please review the Vault Tracker policy setup?

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 06-20-2019, 9:11 AM

I did not see any options in the vaultracker policy that said anything to mark media for export upon aux copy completion.

Posted: 06-24-2019, 9:09 AM

Hi CGS

Thanks for the update

Will it be possible to share some screenshot on how the Vault Tracker policy is configured?

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy