Commserve Failover stuck in progress

Last post 06-27-2019, 3:50 PM by RHor. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Commserve Failover stuck in progress
    Posted: 06-26-2019, 6:07 AM

Hi,

I've added second Commserve (DR) for my environment using Commserve Failover Package. I did a Production Failover to CSDR which was unsuccesfull, stucked and left me with no working CS. I was able to recover by restarting SQL Instance from CSDR server. I'm in a situation where:

1. my CS is working
    2. my CSDR is stopped
    3. my SQL Instances (Failover Package) are running but in Failover Assistant tab in Process Manager I can still observe they are doing a failover (which means I can't do it now). They just stuck like that for a week now!
    I'm trying to reset but no luck. I've already tried to:
    • restart services
    • restart servers
    • install newest HPK (I'm currently on SP14 HPK28)
    • reinstall SQL Instance on CSDR server
    • go to control Panel -> CS Live Sync -> uncheck Enable CS LiveSync and then enable it again
    No luck.
    Does anyone have any idea how to recover from such situation? Is there any way to hard reset CS Live Sync?
    Can't find any troubleshooting options in documentation and I wasn't able to find anything simliar here on forum.

Thanks,
    Robert
    Attachment: CSFailoverStucked.jpg
  • Re: Commserve Failover stuck in progress
    Posted: 06-26-2019, 5:35 PM

Hi Robert:

To reset Failover Assistant of the Process manager on both Second Instances, go to job result folder of the second instance and tweak the file “CommServeFailover.xml” (C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore2\iDataAgent\JobResults); Open CommServeFailover.xml and change “operationStatus failoverOperationType="0"”

Please open a TR if you need further helop with this.

Leo

• Re: Commserve Failover stuck in progress
    Posted: 06-27-2019, 3:50 PM

Hi Leo,

This seems to solve my issue, thanks!

Thanks,
    Robert
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy