Vault Tracker Iron Mountain Integration

Last post 08-27-2019, 10:44 AM by Manoj Jadhav. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Vault Tracker Iron Mountain Integration
    Posted: 08-19-2019, 3:43 PM

Hello,

We just added the vaultTracker Enterprise license to our Commcell and I was wondering what others have done to automate tape export lists to Iron Mountain. 

When I first saw the Iron Mountain ID feature, I was under the assumption that the commcell would use my username and password and submit recall/pickup lists on my behalf. However while looking though the forums, it looks like people are uploading the vault tracker reports to iron mountain via SFTP. Do you reach out to iron mountain support and they provide you with the SFTP/FTP address, the they will recall media and expect media for pickup based on the reports?

I was wondering how others use and went about setting up vault tracker with Iron mountain. How has it saved you time vs manualy uploading via Secure Sync. 

• Re: Vault Tracker Iron Mountain Integration
    Posted: 08-21-2019, 5:33 AM

Hi kchin234

Have a look at the following Documentation (https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=10283.htm#o10350), should provide more details on configurations for Vault Tracker. 

The purpse of the Iron Mountain ID feature is to ensure the report is in the correct format before providing to Iron Mountain. 

I believe you will still need to upload the report directly to Iron Mountain

Regards

Winston 

• Re: Vault Tracker Iron Mountain Integration
    Posted: 08-27-2019, 10:44 AM

Hi,

Wwong mentioned is the correct. Along with this, if you want, you can schedule the report to upload it to Iron mountain.

By this, it will be automatically uploded to the SFTP location and you need not to upload the report manually everytime. same way you can export and import  media via VT schedule.

yes, you need to ask them for SFTP location,username and password.

Report doc:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=58179.htm

FTP/SFTP upload setting:

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=58178.htm

Thanks,

Manoj jadhav

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy