SSL Certs - Command Center and Java GUI Download via proxies?

Last post 08-21-2019, 9:12 PM by ZCameron. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • SSL Certs - Command Center and Java GUI Download via proxies?
    Posted: 08-21-2019, 9:12 PM

I spun up a new web server and have two proxies in a DMZ out front.  I plan to do a round robin DNS entry so both of the two proxies can be hit from the same URL.  I am trying to determine how to approach applying SSL certs but am not finding very much documentation on this.  I am pretty sure in the past I had to run IIS on the proxies in order do download the Java GUI. Any ideas? 

From the proxies and single URL I plan to have the following capabilties.

- Download Java GUI (TPPM to Commserve using specific port)

- Login to CommCell Java GUI (TPPM to Commserve)

- Access Adminconsole and Webconsole (TPPM to web server)

Do I need to install IIS on the proxies/admin console servers?  

Do I need to install SSL cert on the web server itself?  I am thinking no.

Install the SSL cert on both instances of Tomcat running on the proxies.  

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy