DBmaintenance full

Last post 09-03-2019, 6:00 PM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • DBmaintenance full
    Posted: 09-03-2019, 12:27 PM

Hi

I need to run DBmaintenace full on our Commserve. We have the Commserve in a cluster environment. Does that  means I need to stop the services on the passive node and the active node. Should I stop the services on the passive node first? We are running V11 SP15

Thanks,

• Re: DBmaintenance full
    Posted: 09-03-2019, 6:00 PM

Hi ColumbiaSC

The usual recommendation to run DBmaintenance Full is to have services stopped, however in certain environment where CommServe services cannot be stopped easily, the best option is to find a period where there is minimal load and execute the process. 

The purpose of a DBmaintenance is most case is to "Check the database for inconsistencies, shrink the database and reindex all tables at the end."

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy