How do I configure to allow Oracle agent to keep RMAN logs longer?

Last post 09-10-2019, 10:01 AM by efg. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • How do I configure to allow Oracle agent to keep RMAN logs longer?
    Posted: 09-10-2019, 3:06 AM

As the title said, I'm wondering if there's any configuration that can be done from the client agent side to keep RMAN logs longer instead of the current 7 days. Reason is, I have set of jobs ran quarterly to do validation restore for my databases, once this job completed I will get the RMAN logs out for safekeeping due to auditing purpose. Problem is the latest restore was completed during a long holiday period & by the time I came back the logs has been truncated. How can I prevent the agent from deleting the logs after 7days?

• Re: How do I configure to allow Oracle agent to keep RMAN logs longer?
    Posted: 09-10-2019, 10:01 AM
    • efg is not online. Last active: 09-13-2019, 10:59 AM efg
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-02-2010
    • CommVault Tinton Falls NJ
    • Master
    • Points 1,678

Yes, the RMAN logs are stored on the client under the "JobResults" structure.  As such you can extend the retention of the job results location from the client properties.

From advanced settings go to the "Job Configuration" tab.  In the middle of the window you will see a "Prune job results after" setting that is set for the default "7" days.   Just extend that out to match your requirements.

From the documentation:  Pruning Job Results

Ernst F. Graeler
    Senior Engineer III
    Development
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy