Urgent DAG Full System Restore Plan

Last post 09-30-2019, 7:46 PM by Anthony.Hodges. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Urgent DAG Full System Restore Plan
    Posted: 09-30-2019, 3:19 AM

Hi Commvault Teams,

i have to prepare a plan for a DAG Full system restore(in case of a 3 Node DAG, where 2 Nodes have crashed and other plan for all 3 nodes crashed) and we are not taking any snapshot backups of DAGs.

we are just taking traditional FS backup of Exchange nodes and DB backup of DAG.

I require a plan which should have step by step procedure from scratch including both Backup teams and windows and exchange team tasks in one plan only in proper sequence, so that one document is sufficient to do whole activity for even a new CV admin.

i humbly request you to please provide me ASAP.

PDF/Document will be preferred.I went to commvault documentation site but thats not working for me.

regards

sadashiv

Shiv
  • Re: Urgent DAG Full System Restore Plan
    Posted: 09-30-2019, 7:46 PM

So long as your File System backups are 1-Touch compliant, then you will be able to restore the File System and then restore Exchange afterwards.  Depending on your support agreement, it is likely that an issue during the 1-Touch recovery would qualify for a Severity-1 SLA (less than 1 hour response).

That said, I would strongly recommend not relying on someone else's DR recovery plan as proof for your recovery.  It may be urgent, but there is nothing worse than a DR recovery plan than doesn't work or hasn't been tested in your own environment.  If you are using physical servers instead of virtual servers for your exchange nodes, and you want them tested - then I would strongly encourage performing 1-Touch recoveries into a different network.  If you are uncomfortable with what this entails, then I recommend raising a Support Case with Commvault.

Whatever pressure you are getting from managment to do this plan urgently, I am sure they will be far more satisfied that the plan comes with demonstrated test outcomes from your own hardware.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy