Workflow Restore

Last post 11-14-2019, 9:48 AM by HUmberto Araujo. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Workflow Restore
    Posted: 10-25-2019, 10:28 AM

Hello Guys,

I´m trying to create a Workflow that restore and send an e-mail  with the"Restored Files". The restore is doing fine, but i can´t find a way to send the report with the "Restored Files". I was thinking to use the browse operation to list all files, but the command qlist backupfiles is not available on Workflow activities. I tried also to Browse and save as script to use qoperation execute, but it also give a error message that i didn´t specified the "output file". any idea how can archive that ? Or how to incorporate the "output file" on the browse operation ?

Regards,

Humberto   

• Re: Workflow Restore
    Posted: 10-25-2019, 5:29 PM

Hi Humberto

Could you share the current workflow that you have created, and we can see what other options could be applied to achieve what you want.

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 10-26-2019, 5:52 PM

This is the Workflow that is running for restore, i want to add the Restore Files information to the e-mail, but i can´t find a way, i was thinking if there is any way to retrieve the file "restore.out" on the destination server and attach it to the e-mail, that will work .

Attachment: WorkFlow_Restore.txt
    Posted: 10-28-2019, 9:02 PM

Hi humberto

From the review of the workflow to be able to generate a list of restore file information, you might need to add an HTML message component prior to the email to capture this detail and have this detail inserted into the email. 

This might require a bit of scripting to grab the correct details from the Restore function in the previous steps.

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 11-01-2019, 1:30 PM

I did some changes, so i was able to Backup and Restore the "restore.out" file from destination server to the Workflow Engine server. With this, i could attach the "restore.out" to the email. I´m sending the changes. 

Attachment: WorkFlowRestore.txt
    Posted: 11-14-2019, 9:48 AM

Hi guys,

I changed my workflow, now it reads directly to the file and create an attachment to send to e-mail, it´s restore the backup from the Last 30 days, read the restore.out file from the destination server, create an file and attach it to the e-mail. 

Attachment: Restore_Files_v19.txt
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy