Reports: Yearly rate change broken down by month, client, data type...

Last post 10-30-2019, 10:53 AM by wsimps01. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Reports: Yearly rate change broken down by month, client, data type...
    Posted: 10-28-2019, 8:37 AM

Greetings All.

We are going on year 3 of using Commvault and we designed it to be a 5 year solution and we have had to do some upgrades because the sizing was inaccurate. I am trying to determine our data growth by type if possible, such as broken down by month, client, data type. Is this possible? I cannot seem to find the report that shows me the data I need to present to management. 

Thanks.

• Re: Reports: Yearly rate change broken down by month, client, data type...
    Posted: 10-28-2019, 11:12 AM

Hello,

you can use metrics chargeback trend report to see the growth by CommCell, Clients, Agents, Storage Policies. Each of these entities can be further drilled down to Client, Agent, Subclient, Storage Policy, Storage policy copy.

we have data for last 24 months if you use private Metrics server.

if you have enabled chargeback data to be uploaded to cloud.commvault.com, we will show trend for the last 12 months.

Documentaion : http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=38148.htm

Thanks

Venkat

• Re: Reports: Yearly rate change broken down by month, client, data type...
    Posted: 10-30-2019, 10:53 AM

I found some reports on cloud.commvault.com that provided me with the info I was looking for. Thanks!

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy