Data Retention capacity

Last post 10-31-2019, 4:14 PM by Venkat_Jupalli. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Data Retention capacity
    Posted: 10-30-2019, 11:25 AM

So I want to make sure I understand the numbers shown on my Worldwide Dashboard for the Storage - Data Retention section.

Right now it shows:

30 days (111.67 TB) 

30 - 90 days (56.36 TB)

90 - 365 days (196.69 TB)

1 Year and above (32.86 TB)

So the 30 days is self explanatory.

Is the 90 - 365 days a combination of the 30 days (111.67) + 30 - 90 days (56.36)? If so then the 9-It almost adds up but there is about a 1.2 TB difference.

I understand the 30 day, 30 -90 day and 90 - 365 day amount will change because I am doing extended retention such as weekly synth full, monthly synth full kept for 1 year. 

So second question is, if I again am understanding the numbers correctly, my environment protecting and retaining an algamation of all the aforementioned numbers?

30 days + (30 - 90 days) + (90 - 365 days) +  (1 Year and above)?

111.67 + 56.36+196.69+32.86 = 397.58 TB

• Re: Data Retention capacity
    Posted: 10-31-2019, 4:14 PM

Hello, Please refer to this documentation for details about Data Retention report.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=104801.htm

The Data Retention Report estimates the amount of data that will be eligible for pruning, based on the retention days and extended retention settings that are configured in the storage policy copy.

This report displays the amount of data that will be eligible for pruning during the next 30 to 365 days and beyond 365 days. The report also includes the retention settings configured for the storage policy copy, whether deduplication is enabled, and the storage library where data is saved.

thanks

Venkat

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy