Backup recoverablity

Last post 11-04-2019, 12:16 PM by pereirath. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Backup recoverablity
    Posted: 11-03-2019, 7:59 PM

I have a Windows server with file system agent installed at a remote location; Mediaagent is located on a diffrent site and the link between the 2 is not great.  I ran a full and it completed with errors wherein it failed to protect system files " System state backup of component [Active Directory;] failed"; however the subsquent incremtnal has run fine.  

As I understand the recovery should just be fine if we were to recover from the incremtnal backup.  the synthetic full is showing fine as well.  

Backup system state is checked so incremtnal backup does take the system state backup. 

• Re: Backup recoverablity
    Posted: 11-03-2019, 8:22 PM

One way I like to check to see if I have met the critieria for a full restore is to see if I can create a 1-Touch Recovery point as it requires both a healthy System State and File System backup https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=60442.htm.  1-Touch will also allow you to do a test restore onto different hardware.

• Re: Backup recoverablity
    Posted: 11-04-2019, 12:16 PM

Have you checked this out yet? https://ma.commvault.com/Article/Details/53862

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy