PST ingestion

Last post 11-06-2019, 8:40 AM by Remala. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • PST ingestion
    Posted: 11-05-2019, 10:22 AM

Hi,

After having performed PST ingestion with the option "Create a separate folder for PSTs", I see the folder and e-mail messages when logging into the Web Console, but not in Outlook (with Outlook Add-In installed). Is something wrong here or is this for whatever reason expected behaviour?

CV11SP16 with Exchange Mailbox agent.

Thanks!

• Re: PST ingestion
    Posted: 11-05-2019, 10:20 PM

Hello,

Pst ingestion through inserted emails will be available only on commvault backup media.

SO those ingested emails can be viewed only from commvault consoles.

Not from Outlook Natively(including Addin presence).

As we won't restore the ingested data to Exchange as it will increase the size on exchange.

By using OutlookAddincontentstore they can view the ingested data in seperate folder from Outlook

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=29142.htm

In Sp18 We also added a feature which will allow the items to restore as Stub to Exchange mailbox, so that you can get a native view from outlook.

Without consuming space on Exchange.

Posted: 11-06-2019, 8:37 AM

Great, thanks!

Are ingested PST files always viewable when using Outlook Add-In with ContentStore Email Viewer, or must also Content Indexing be enabled?

Posted: 11-06-2019, 8:40 AM

There are different Modes available one of them require data to be content Indexed otherone may not require.

But I would like you to provide the environment and size details.

You can write me in email, so that I can involve right team members if needed.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy