Filter Wildcards

Last post 12-09-2019, 4:09 AM by stefan.vollrath. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Filter Wildcards
    Posted: 11-27-2019, 7:51 AM

Hi Everybody

I'm trying to filter out Folders starting with a range of numbers.

Like /1_*; 12_*; 24_*; 987_*; basically starting with an 1 to 3 character long number followed by an underline and variable text after. 

Would like to use something like "/[1-999]_*/***" but Commvault doesn't support that and I'd like to avoid mutliple RegEx Filters just to implement such a basic Filter.

Any Idea how I could achieve that? 

Thanks, Stefan

• Re: Filter Wildcards
    Posted: 12-08-2019, 2:18 AM

Hi Stefan 

I don't believe you can have multiple filters in a single string. 

Reference - https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=11859.htm

This sounds like a good enhancement and would recommend you to engage support to see if this is feasible or other methods to achieve your need

Regards

Winston 

• Re: Filter Wildcards
    Posted: 12-09-2019, 4:09 AM

depends on what you mean with multiple filters, each '*' is one filter and you can have multiple of those in one line.

Current workaround is some structure like this:

/logs/*/datamodel_summary/[1-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]_*/***
    /logs/*/datamodel_summary/[1-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]_*/***
    /logs/*/datamodel_summary/[1-9][0-9][0-9]_*/***
    /logs/*/datamodel_summary/[1-9][0-9]_*/***
    /logs/*/datamodel_summary/[1-9]_*/***
    Not very elegant if you ask me since it could be a one-liner like:
    /logs/*/datamodel_summary/[1-99999]_*/***
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2019 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy