Sharepoint Agent and Disk space usage

Last post 12-13-2019, 11:36 AM by Sridhar. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sharepoint Agent and Disk space usage
    Posted: 12-05-2019, 6:33 AM

Dear all

I am running CV V11 SP12.

I have installed the sharepoint agent on a sharepoint cluster.
    After the configuration I was starting a backup job.

A few hours later had the sharepoint server no more disk space available.
    Seems that the agent uses the C:\ drive as a temporary location before backing the data up.

The data inside the HDS folder was around 100GB.

So how much space needs the Sharpoint Agent usually?
    Our server normally have around 100GB C:\ drive and we do not have growing data on the C:\ drive.

Can I change this behaviour somehow?

Cheers c0x10

• Re: Sharepoint Agent and Disk space usage
    Posted: 12-05-2019, 7:02 AM

Hi c0x10.

It might be the JobResults folder filling up... You should be able to change the location of this folder on the Job Configuration pane seen in the Advanced client properties.

According to https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp13/article?p=6604.htm you need the size equal to the amount of data being backed up (and restored).

/Rubeck 

Posted: 12-05-2019, 7:19 AM

Hi Rubeck

Thank you very much Laughing
    Found the setting thank you.

Cheers c0x10

Posted: 12-13-2019, 11:36 AM

Hi,

As Rubeck mentioned its the job results directory which is the temporary staging area for backup and post backup the space used is cleared.

Ensure the space available for Job results is twice the size of the biggest web, and Job results is supported on network location.

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=2994_2.htm

Thanks

Sridhar

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy