File Activity Anomaly Alerts (Details)

Last post 12-12-2019, 11:04 AM by Sri Karthik. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • File Activity Anomaly Alerts (Details)
    Posted: 12-09-2019, 10:43 AM

Is there a way to find more details (path/name) around the File Activity Anomaly Alerts? I thought I had seen some details at one time around what files were modified, deleted, etc. I haven't found anything in BOL.

-J. Mills
    Customer, Senior Systems Engineer
    Enterprise Storage and Data Protection
    CommVault Certified Master (V10/V11)
  • Re: File Activity Anomaly Alerts (Details)
    Posted: 12-11-2019, 11:52 PM

Hi,

We have an anomaly alert which needs to be configured to receive the alert with the detail sof how many files got modified, deleted etc. Can you please follow the documentation and set the alert?

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=7879.htm

Also, you can download the follwoing report from the store which gives you these details

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/135/665/12996

Thanks,

Karthik

Posted: 12-12-2019, 1:09 AM

Hi Karthik,

Jason was looking for a way to get the file/path information.  The Anomaly Alert doesn't do that, and the non-free 'File Activity Anomaly Report' (https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp17/article?p=38587_1.htm) does not have the information he is looking for either.

Posted: 12-12-2019, 7:37 AM

Yes, Anthony is correct. We already have the standard report and alert, but we were hoping to get more understanding around the paths and filenames of the modified/deleted files. Especially when we are dealing with shared file servers, it would be easier to identify what is making the changes if we knew where the changes were being made.

Thanks.

-J. Mills
    Posted: 12-12-2019, 9:31 AM

The folders where we have seen the anomaly is available in the CVIOMonitor.log file in the Commvault log files folder currently on the client machine. 

Please let me know if that helps

Posted: 12-12-2019, 10:40 AM

Sri Karthik:

The folders where we have seen the anomaly is available in the CVIOMonitor.log file in the Commvault log files folder currently on the client machine. 

Please let me know if that helps

Thank you Sri, that is a big help. I see the epoch time and file name there, which gets us what we want. Is there any information available about the values of the last four columns of that log file? Just curious, as the first two columns give us enough information.

Thanks again, this is a big help for us.

-J. Mills
    Posted: 12-12-2019, 11:04 AM

Hi,

The log is in the below format.

Time, Path, Number of Creates seen on the path, Number of Deletes seen on the path, Number of renames seen on the path, Number of Modified items seen on the path.

Karthik

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy