VM Socket License Increase Issue

Last post 12-18-2019, 8:47 AM by pereirath. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • VM Socket License Increase Issue
    Posted: 12-09-2019, 1:51 PM

Upgraded ESXi from 6.5 to 6.7 and commvault didnt seem to update table as it is showing that Im over licensed. As part of the upgrade a new name was assigned to the 6.7 hosts.

So in a sense, kind like this;

host 6.5 -> esxi.host.001 -> host renamed and reinstalled 6.7 -> esxi.host.101

We have a few clusters and configured in COmmvault so when I run the license summary report (VM Socket) I still see the old hosts. I am guessing that this is due to backups that were performed while the older hosts were still alive.

How to force CV to update its table/db for ESXi consuming license without deconfigure my VCenter clients?

• Re: VM Socket License Increase Issue
    Posted: 12-09-2019, 5:44 PM

Worth contacting support for this, but if it's possible in the interim - try running a Synthetic Full (without Incremental) on all the subclients, then run data aging and re-open the Commvault client.

Posted: 12-16-2019, 3:29 PM

Anthony.Hodges:

Worth contacting support for this, but if it's possible in the interim - try running a Synthetic Full (without Incremental) on all the subclients, then run data aging and re-open the Commvault client.

Answer from the support I got was the same, running Synthetic Full or Full to refresh the old ESXi hosts. Problem becomes when I have VMs that were backed up with the old hosts they are no longer in the environment. These vms are still tied to the old hosts. There should be an workflow or different process to update commvault list of hypervisor. 

Posted: 12-18-2019, 8:47 AM

Synthetic jobs didnt do the job, instead I had to run FULL backups and that did refresh license.

Thanks for the help.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy