Change commCellName on multiple clients

Last post 12-17-2019, 10:41 AM by Anthony.Hodges. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Change commCellName on multiple clients
    Posted: 12-17-2019, 10:11 AM

Hello,

I have multiple client that I need to change their CommCell name on their client properties.

I'm trying to achieve that with REST API, 

Here is my XML :

$xxx ='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<App_SetClientPropertiesRequest>

<clientProperties>

<Client>

<clientEntity>

<commCellName>my NEW CC </commCellName>

</clientEntity>

</Client>

</clientProperties>

</App_SetClientPropertiesRequest>'

I’m receiving error code 0, but no change is made on the client.

I’m using PowerShell

Invoke-RestMethod -Method POST -Uri $WebServer/Client/clientid -Headers $headers -Body $xxx -ContentType "application/xml"

Any help will be appreciated.

• Re: Change commCellName on multiple clients
    Posted: 12-17-2019, 10:41 AM

Do you mean you want to change the ClientName and not CommCellName?  If you are changing the CommCellName, then this can be a very difficult process and you may be informed by support that this is not a supported operation.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy