Associating SubClients for Content Indexing

Last post 01-13-2020, 9:11 AM by iConsultant. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Associating SubClients for Content Indexing
    Posted: 12-19-2019, 7:10 AM

Hi,

In Storage Policy Copy Properties, tab Content Indexing, I seem unable to associate Subclients for Content Indexing. Content Indexing has been configured and a small (online) Content Indexing job has run succesfully. I can only select or deselect "Client Computers". What may be the reason I cannot select Subclients for Content Indexing? In this case, I want to add a Mailbox Client.

Thanks.

• Re: Associating SubClients for Content Indexing
    Posted: 12-22-2019, 5:47 AM

Hi IConsultant 

For the Online Content Indexing this is different to the Offline Content Indexing metho, and you will need to configure the following (Documentation - http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=29012_2.htm):

Depeneding on whether you would like to Content Index User Mailbox or Journal Mailbox, additional Configuration is required to filter messages, users or content. 

Whereas the Offline Content Indexing, you first backup the Exchange Mailbox and then trigger an Offline Content Indexing job which will ingest the data to the Search Engine. 

Regards

Winston
    Posted: 12-27-2019, 5:55 AM

Thanks, this all has been done, as I honestly think. I think there's something not ok here I might need to get support involved.

Posted: 12-27-2019, 11:08 PM

Hi IConsultant

Involving support here to review the setup is definitely best approach moving forward. 

Keep us posted on the solution

Kind Regards

Winston 

Posted: 01-13-2020, 9:11 AM

Commvault support explained that this option is not valid for v2 (Exchange Mailbox) indexing cllients:

"Following on from this, if you are using the new V2 exchange indexing agent, you have to use online content indexing."

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy