ResultSet to HTML - class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class workflow.types.data.DataSet

Last post 01-20-2020, 9:35 AM by cwsunderland. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • ResultSet to HTML - class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class workflow.types.data.DataSet
    Posted: 01-17-2020, 12:10 AM

Description: class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class workflow.types.data.DataSet (java.lang.String is in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap'; workflow.types.data.DataSet is in unnamed module of loader 'app')

ResultSettoHTML utility is returning the above error at times, is there anything we must do to avoid this?

not sure if this is related :

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/286041/class-java-lang-string-cannot-be-cast-to-class-moduleapi-interaction-flowpicklis

• Re: ResultSet to HTML - class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class workflow.types.data.DataSet
    Posted: 01-17-2020, 12:51 AM

Is this a workflow you have created, if so then can you share some more information about that workflow activity?

• Re: ResultSet to HTML - class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class workflow.types.data.DataSet
    Posted: 01-17-2020, 4:05 AM

I was trying to list all events when any job has failed/completed with errors

SELECT e.id, e.severity, e.jobId_l, e.client, e.subsystem, emc.Message

FROM evMsg e
    LEFT JOIN evMsgCache emc ON emc.EvMsgId = e.id

WHERE e.jobId_l='xpath:{/workflow/inputs/Jobid}' and e.severity > 0
    AND emc.LocaleId = 0
    ORDER BY lastOccurrence DESC;

After this i convert the result set to HTML , and i use that to send mail notification

but sometimes, it throws this exception " class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class workflow.types.data.DataSet"  during ResultSetoHTML activity
    and workflow fails.
    Posted: 01-20-2020, 12:19 AM

I reproduced your error, it looks like you have not set the Inputs/resultSet value.

You need to set the Inputs/resultSet for the ResultSetToHTML object to something like xpath:{/workflow/CommServDBQuery_1/resultSets}.

Posted: 01-20-2020, 8:51 AM

That's already in place.

The workflow is not failing always, but it failed couple of times with this  cast error.

Posted: 01-20-2020, 9:35 AM

Can you attach the workflow definition here so I can take a look at it?

Regards

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy