Self-service for Customers via Command Center

Last post 01-28-2020, 10:13 AM by Thomas S. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Self-service for Customers via Command Center
    Posted: 01-22-2020, 9:57 AM

Hi everyone

I need your experience again.
    I want to enable users to backup their servers and databases themselves. They should be able to install the required agent themselves via the Command Center and assign it to one of the existing schedule policies.
    The permissions can be super limited and adjusted via Commvault.
    With which variant you already had success, as far as you also have these requirements in your environment.
    I've heard that this could be solved with Plan or you could create unattended installation packages.
    I have already played around a bit and created a user in a test group. I got as far as using the Command Center to install the Agents on a server unknown to Commvault with that user, but the server was not listed in the Command Center after installation, even when I manually assigned the user or test group to that machine. Surprised

With kind regards

Thomas S.

• Re: Self-service for Customers via Command Center
    Posted: 01-27-2020, 3:40 AM

Hello, As I know the client must be registered to be added to commcell groups. Maybe need to make install package with self activation, but in that way you need to define during package creation in which commcell group that users/pc/server will be added.

If user need to register agent to the commcell they must to that manualy on every server/pc thet install agent. I sugest you to make special Client Computer Group for those users and to make install package where those agent will be added (after registration). 

• Re: Self-service for Customers via Command Center
    Posted: 01-28-2020, 10:13 AM

Hi,

Thanks to your response

If I add an AD user to a group in commvault, who got the right to install software (agents) to a client witch isn't present  within the commcell at this time, this user can login via the java tool or the Command Center and add a new machine, he wants to backup.
    During the installation, the new server will be registed at commcell.
    And as I said before, the installation of the commvault agent by using a test user who uses the command center is working fine. The only Problem is, that after the installation is complete, the server with the installed agent disappiers for the test user, and I as Admin need to tell the new server manually who it's owner is.
    I thought if someone pushes an agent, than that user will be considered as owner. Undecided

Sincierly

Thomas

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy