MongoDB??

Last post 02-18-2020, 3:05 PM by Brian. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • MongoDB??
    Posted: 02-13-2020, 12:44 PM

Still trying to figure out commvault environment as im a newbie

I noticed on our commserve our C drive is losing space and I see that this file "InstallMongoDB" (txt document) is growing.   What is this file and how do I stop it from growing..

We only have a few clients in our environment so far and they are not Big Data Apps clients.. . I see that mongoDB was in stallled but Im guessing probably was installed with the commvault software...  Do I really need this installed?..  Does this MongoDB server another purpose for commvault bkups??  

Im mainly trying to stop this file "C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\Log Files\InstallMongoDB.txt" from eating our space...  

The file is to big to even open to see what it is....

Thanks

• Re: MongoDB??
    Posted: 02-13-2020, 3:22 PM

Hi Brian,

To understand why we use MongoDB, you would need to read this article on Commvault Connect

https://connect.commvault.com/community/development/blog/2019/10/16/commvault-mongodb-utility

To understand what is wrong with the MongoDB instance on your setup, you can follow steps to verify MongoDB configurations as laid out in the following article

https://connect.commvault.com/community/development/blog/2019/10/16/troubleshooting-customer-mongodb-issues

Based on your descriptions, it looks like its happening due to credential mismatch between what Commvault is using to connect to MongoDb and what MongoDB is actually configured with. To resolve that issue, you can follow steps given in

https://connect.commvault.com/community/development/blog/2019/11/22/resetting-mongodb-credentials-on-customerlab-setup

Posted: 02-13-2020, 5:07 PM

Thanks for the info Riyer..  How does one even register for the connect.commvault.com site..    

Posted: 02-13-2020, 5:33 PM

Talk to your manager and the IT department. You should already have access to Commvault Connect.

Posted: 02-17-2020, 9:08 PM

Hi Brian, were you able to get access to connect.commvsult.vom?

Posted: 02-18-2020, 11:39 AM

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately, we cannot grant access to Commvault Connect to inidividuals who are not Commvault employees. I would request to get in touch with Commvault customer support and they can help your resolve the issue using steps and procedures given in the same document. Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks.

Posted: 02-18-2020, 3:05 PM

Thanks Riyer - and YES I have already opened a support case with commvault..  In process of trying to upgrade the MongoDB but support tech ran into a few problems... Still sorting it out..  Thanks again for your responses..  Much Appriciated...

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy