Login Denied Message in Event Viewer

Last post 02-21-2020, 12:49 PM by StorageGuy007. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Login Denied Message in Event Viewer
    Posted: 02-21-2020, 10:09 AM

So I saw this message a few minutes ago in the Event Viewer.

Any ideas on what this is from?

Login denied to user [_+_PublicSharingUser_] . User has no credentials on this CommServe.

Event Code: 35:3548

I'm guessing it's related to something I'm doing.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the client iData agent on my workstation for restore testing.

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Login Denied Message in Event Viewer
    Posted: 02-21-2020, 10:57 AM

The only entries I see for this username in the log files are in 

DM2Web.log 

and

WebServer.log

so it's clearly webserver/webconsole related.

This also explains why it's not in the documentation anywhere that I can find.

• Re: Login Denied Message in Event Viewer
    Posted: 02-21-2020, 12:49 PM

Hi Kris,

that can be safely ignored. it appears we had an issue talking to tomcat and you may be able to verify that in the tomcat logs. Perhaps the tomcat service was restarting and we could not connect at that moment It will clear up and should not keep occuring and in the webconsole.log you should see an entry where it connected just fine at some point after that alert.

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy