Mongo DB backup

Last post 03-31-2020, 3:27 PM by ApK1. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mongo DB backup
    Posted: 02-25-2020, 10:40 PM

Hi,  I need to setup backups for mongo DB in our environment. I went through CV documentation but not get proper answers to my need. I would like to know if there is a dedicated mongo DB agent which we can use to backup the DB similar to Oracle and SQL agents in commvault. If not, then what should be the approach to backup the mongo db? We also do not have intellisnap in our environment. I also read in CV documentation about Mondo DB backup using Big Data Apps , so hows that useful in backing up mongo DB?

Thanks,

Nazish

• Re: Mongo DB backup
    Posted: 02-25-2020, 11:46 PM

Hi Nazish,

Yes, there is an MongoDB agent for backing up MongoDB databases. What capabilities are you looking for?

Didn't the CV documentation here help you to get start with configuring MongoDB backups in Commvault?

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=99403.htm

We will be glad to assist if you have any questions about this procedure.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Posted: 02-26-2020, 12:12 AM

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply. I went through that link once again. So can the agent be still used to backup standalone databases without using intellisnap. I read in the documentation that for standalone we need to use DB export utility and then back it up using normal file system agent backup?

Thanks,

Nazish

Posted: 02-26-2020, 12:44 AM

Hi Nazish,

Are you looking to protect the standalone server? If yes, you're right. For standalone databases, the way to go is to dump and backup using File System backup.

Besides, Agent native support for standalone server backup is in the works. It will be available in one of the forthcoming service packs.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Posted: 03-31-2020, 3:27 PM

Hi Sunil.

I would also like to know if the MongoDB agent can be used without Intellisnap?

Regards

-Anders

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy