Exchange Mailbox agent

Last post 02-29-2020, 4:35 AM by Anthony.Hodges. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Exchange Mailbox agent
    Posted: 02-28-2020, 8:10 AM

Hi everybody,

Env :Commvault 11 SP17 / Exchange 2016

I want to know where to install Outllok 2013 SP1 in case of deployement of the Exchange Mailbox Agent...

Commserve, Mediai Agent, Exchange server, other,....

I install outlook on media agent but a i've got the same error

"The mailbox profile used by this product is invalid. Please try using MDBVU, Outlook or any other Exchange client to check if the profile works correctly.
    Source: server Process: ExMBBackup"     

I follow the prerequisites :

• Outlook 2013 SP1
    • Commvault account have full acces to the exchange server
    • mapi over http is disable
    Any helps appreciate.
    thanx
  • Re: Exchange Mailbox agent
    Posted: 02-29-2020, 4:35 AM

I usually prepare a dedicated VM and install Outlook and Commvault with the exchange agent on it. Make sure to create an outlook profile on the service account used has the mailbox database permissions. It is also worth considering the exchange database block level backups and that allows for live browsing mailbox datasets feature that allows you to granularly restore mailboxes/folders/messages.

If you have tried this alr aft and are struggling then let us know. :)

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy