Changed Block Tracking for Microsoft Azure

Last post 03-05-2020, 9:44 AM by OvdBerg. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Changed Block Tracking for Microsoft Azure
    Posted: 03-03-2020, 3:01 AM

Hi All,

because of the feature: Changed Block Tracking for Microsoft Azure 8 https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp18/article?p=31316.htm ) we patched the envorment to SP18.9 . After enabeling the checkbox in the subclient properties the next incr backup job finished without cbt enabeld. 

I started for an subclient a full + incr after but also cbt not used

Or did you have any other informations what mus happens befor cbt will be enabeld ? 

• Re: Changed Block Tracking for Microsoft Azure
    Posted: 03-04-2020, 11:45 AM

CBT is only available in certain regions for Azure.  Most likely your data does not reside in a supported region yet.  MS is slowly adding support to more regions.  I've been waiting years now for CBT to be supported.

Posted: 03-05-2020, 4:40 AM

Hi,

oO thats an good information. Did you know in wich regions CBt is available ? 

Posted: 03-05-2020, 8:31 AM

The last communication I have was from mid January.  This is supported regions I am aware of to date.

•            East US
    • East US 2
    • Central US
    • West Central US
    • Canada East
    • Canada Central
    • North Europe
    Posted: 03-05-2020, 8:46 AM

Hi,

thanks for the info. Is that an inforamtion from an offical ms side ?

Posted: 03-05-2020, 9:44 AM

Yes, that is correct. You can send a mail to Microsoft to get more information when it becomes available in your region. I know West Europe was planned to go live Mid March. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy