Second instance does't start on Solaris

Last post 03-19-2020, 8:18 AM by Wwong. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Second instance does't start on Solaris
    Posted: 03-03-2020, 5:51 AM

Hi,

I've got a solaris host where I need to use a second instance. Installing was fine, but when I try to start it, all I get is this:

root@host # commvault -instance Instance002 start
    /usr/bin/commvault: line 621: 14372: Killed
    Starting Commvault services for Instance002 ...
    ld.so.1: svc_ctrl: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/commvault2/Base/libCrun.so.1: symbol _UA_SEARCH_PHASE: referenced symbol not found
    /usr/bin/commvault: line 984: 14393: Killed
    Instance001 is running/restarting fine without errors.

Any idea where to start catching the bug?

Regards,
    Janko

• Re: Second instance does't start on Solaris
    Posted: 03-19-2020, 8:18 AM

Hi Janko

It looks like the original installation of the Second Instance on the Solaris was either not completed successfully or the packages are corrupted

As we see in the output it is reporting a fatal problem when starting one of the services "svc_ctrl: fatal: relocation error"

I would recommend to do a repair or uninstall/reinstall of the second instance

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy