Restore - Preserve Source Paths

Last post 03-19-2020, 8:10 AM by Wwong. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Restore - Preserve Source Paths
    Posted: 03-05-2020, 11:41 AM

Hey Guys,

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=61090.htm

Can someone please explain me what this options "Preserve Source Paths" is for? I've read the doku but i don't understand that feature. 

I'm german language native, if someone want to explain that for me in german ;).

Thanks in advance,

br

Jan

• Re: Restore - Preserve Source Paths
    Posted: 03-18-2020, 3:18 AM

/push Please for an Update

• Re: Restore - Preserve Source Paths
    Posted: 03-19-2020, 8:10 AM

Hi A1_Expert

The purpose of the " Preserve Source Paths" is to maintain a set amount of directory level when doing a restore. 

So if you a doing a single File restore but the file is located under multiple directory, depending on the option set for " Preserve Source Paths" it will also restore all the various folder structure that was originally backed up. 

As explained in the documentation if you set the "Preserve n levels from end of the source path option to 1" it will only restore the original directory where the file resides.

Regards

Winston

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy