Need advice on how to configure aux copy

Last post 03-13-2020, 9:57 AM by hasafi. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Need advice on how to configure aux copy
    Posted: 03-11-2020, 5:08 AM

I'm having trouble on configuring selective copy for my site.

A brief description of what I'm having on my site.

My client is an Oracle database, it is being configured with 2 subclients, one being the default & another is the archive log subclients.

For the default backups, it's a normal online backups. Full backups will be done every week & incremental everyday.

The archivelog subclients only backed up the archive logs only & run every 4 hours.

So due to compliance purposes I'm requested to have a secondary copy of my backups located in another datacenter. To do this, I create a new selective copy from my primary storage policy. After multiple tries the aux copy failed to work & checking with support actually mention that in order for the selective copy to work, my full backups need to be selective online fulls.

Their advice is to change my current full backups to selective online fulls.

Now, I basically understand that selective online fulls will take backups of all my database including the archive logs. If I switch my normal full backups to selective online fulls, it'll definitely takes up huge space of my disk since the backups will be larger.

My question is, how do I go about or what's the best practise for this? Should I just create a new backup jobs which is only doing selective online fulls while letting my existing backups run normally? Or should I change my existing full backups to selective online fulls? By doing this, how about my archivelog backups? Are they still needed if selective onlilne fulls backing up the archive logs as well?

• Re: Need advice on how to configure aux copy
    Posted: 03-13-2020, 9:57 AM

Hi,

how about to use "Live Sync Replication of Oracle Databases" https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=20653.htm ??

You will dont need to do full backups and you will database ready to start.

Filip Hasa

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy