Subclient Properties: Content database --> database not appear while click discover button

Last post 03-16-2020, 12:19 AM by Nillles. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Subclient Properties: Content database --> database not appear while click discover button
    Posted: 03-12-2020, 3:57 AM

Dear  Admin / Member,

Please need advice and solution,

in my company we have commvault with vers 11 sp 8, and right now i have success install agent (file system, sql server) to every node (two nodes) " cluster", but while i want to setup configuration client(database configuration) content tab, the database not appear while the discover button has been click.

Just for info:

for client, sql server ver 2016.

This is first time i have issue, for setup configuration at sql server client.

Many thanks b4.

Regards

Nilles

• Re: Subclient Properties: Content database --> database not appear while click discover button
    Posted: 03-13-2020, 1:30 PM

Is your cluster an "Always On Availability Group"?

• Re: Subclient Properties: Content database --> database not appear while click discover button
    Posted: 03-15-2020, 6:17 PM

Have you followed these steps to create the SQL Server Always on Availability Group within CV?

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp8/article?p=products/sql/t_sql_avlblt_grp_crtag.htm

Posted: 03-16-2020, 12:14 AM

Dear Anthony,

Yes, when i want to create MSSQL AG Client, the last step point d, for AG is not found.

Any advice?

In the Create MSSQL AG Clientdialog box, set up the AG client:

1. In the New Clientbox, type a name for the AG client. (Done)

The name of the AG client has no dependency on the actual availability groups.

2. In the SQL Clientbox, select a client from the list displaying SQL 2012 or later clients.

Ensure that the selected SQL Server is the primary replica of the availability group that you are planning to protect. (Done)

3. In the SQL Instancesbox, select an instance from the list of available SQL instances.

If the SQL client has only one instance, then that instance is automatically selected. (Done)

4. In the Availability Groupbox, select an availability group from the list. (Not Appear for AG at box)

If the SQL client has only one availability group, then that availability group is automatically selected.

Posted: 03-16-2020, 12:19 AM

Yes, the database admin setup Always on.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy