Windows Server 2003

Last post 03-19-2020, 8:16 AM by Wwong. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Windows Server 2003
    Posted: 03-13-2020, 8:44 AM

Does Commvault have a known deadline for extended support of Microsoft Server 2003 backup agents?

• Re: Windows Server 2003
    Posted: 03-19-2020, 8:01 AM

Hi JohnB352

The following link provides more details on End-of-Life, Deprecated, and Extended Support for Platforms

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=3598.htm

Regards

Winston

Posted: 03-19-2020, 8:11 AM

Wwong:

Hi JohnB352

The following link provides more details on End-of-Life, Deprecated, and Extended Support for Platforms

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=3598.htm

Regards

Winston

Thank you Winston.  I had seen in BOL that 2003 was in extended support.  We're obviously trying to get this server replaced, but it's supporting legacy software/hardware that has to get replaced first. 

We're on v11 SP18.  I had a problem with the backup the other day and opened a support case.  It took a patch to get the backup to work again.  But the engineer on the call mentioned at some point soon an update will no longer include support for Server 2003.  But he didn't know which update.  That's what I'm attempting to find out.  I don't see that in the article you reference.  Thank you though.

Posted: 03-19-2020, 8:16 AM

Hi John

Thank you for the update and clarification 

At the moment unless it is already documented on BOL, Commvault will still continue to support Window Server 2003. 

Commvault will push out a Feature Release (Service Pack) every quarter so I would recommend to check up every 3 month to see if there is an update to the support matrix. 

Otherwise you should still be safe to leverage the Windows Sever 2003 on SP18

Regards

Winston 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy