Backup a System by using the IP-Address

Last post 03-19-2020, 12:18 PM by Thomas S. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Backup a System by using the IP-Address
    Posted: 03-19-2020, 6:56 AM

Hello,

I have a quick question.
    If I want to backup a system that only provides me with one IP address, can Commvault handle this or do I need an FQDM?

Regards

Thomas

• Re: Backup a System by using the IP-Address
    Posted: 03-19-2020, 8:11 AM

Hi Thomas

As long as the Client is able to reach the CommServe you can configure the Client using only IP during the installation

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 03-19-2020, 11:45 AM
    Hello Tomas

You can perform the installation only by placing the IPs both when it asks for the hostname of the client to install and in the Commserve when it asks for the data for registration

Something that may be useful to you is in the host file in the path C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc \ or / etc / (depending on the optional system) record in the hosts file the IP and the hostname of the server, this will will allow the commserve and the client to identify themselves correctly

Example:

Commserver Windows
    You open a notebook as administrator
    Open
    Go to this path C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc \
    Allow viewing all file types
    Open the HOSTS file
    add the lines (XXX.XXXX.XXX.XXX "hostname Client server")
    This will allow you to install with IP and hostname.

One way to check this is:

In a CMD Execute: Ping "IP" (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) must answer the ping
    Subsequently execute: ping -a "IP" (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) in this way it should show you the host of the server

I hope it helps you

if you need some images, tell me

Posted: 03-19-2020, 12:18 PM

Hi

All right, thanks to all for the quick response.
    I will go and check this way out.

Greetings

Thomas

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy