Advise for only Monthly backup

Last post 03-24-2020, 7:34 PM by Guru Dhinahar. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Advise for only Monthly backup
    Posted: 03-24-2020, 1:10 AM

Hi,

We are running Commvault V11 SP18.6. I have a requirement to take backup of certain Windows VM only once in a Month full backup and keep only 2 last full backup as retention. No daily incremental or weekly backup. Just monthly once. 

I am bit confused to configure the cycle for this case. Can someone advice how the retention days and cycle configuration will help to take above. 

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Guru

• Re: Advise for only Monthly backup
    Posted: 03-24-2020, 4:26 PM

Hello Guru

What I understand is that you only want to have a monthly backup and retain it for 2 months 
    Example: 
    The endorsement of the first of January (1st Full) 
    The endorsement of February 1 (2nd Full) 
    When running the March 1 backup, requires the January 1 backup to be purged 
    If the answer to the previous example is YES, 
    your retention must be 1 cycle 60 days 

If the example does not correspond to your need, it would be useful to help us specify your request with similar examples.
  • Re: Advise for only Monthly backup
    Posted: 03-24-2020, 7:34 PM

Hi Mauricio,

Yes, your understanding is correct and thanks for the advise. I confused the Cycle without incremental backup. Let me configure as you recommended. 

Thanks for your quick advise. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy