Qscript BackendStorage

Last post 03-31-2020, 9:33 AM by StorageGuy007. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Qscript BackendStorage
    Posted: 03-28-2020, 3:18 PM
    • borno is not online. Last active: 03-31-2020, 8:05 AM borno
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2020
    • Chippewa Falls, WI
    • Newcomer
    • Points 2

The usage statement for BackendStorage is:

qoperation execscript -sn BackendStorage [-si @i_fromTime='2013/02/12'] [-si @i_toTime='2013/02/20'] [-si @i_isAged='2'] [-si @i_backupType='Full'] [-si @i_orderBy='Client'] [-si @i_policyName='policyName'] [-si @i_copyName='copyName']

Assuming the "[" "]" are displaying options, I've tried this:

qoperation execscript -sn BackendStorage -si_@i_fromTime='2020/03/22' -si @i_toTime='2020/03/27'

But, it errors out.

How do I use the options for BackendStorage?

Thanks.

• Re: Qscript BackendStorage
    Posted: 03-30-2020, 7:37 PM

Hi Borno,

it appears that qcommand may no longer be active and we ask that you use this report instead - https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/store.do#!/135/664/13144

I have also attached it in case you dont have access. I had to rename the file to .txt extension so be sure to change the extension to .xml before you import into the webconsole reports.

see here on how to import reports - http://developer.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=97429.htm

I will submit a change to our documentation page to get it updated with the correct info.

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
    Posted: 03-31-2020, 8:04 AM
    • borno is not online. Last active: 03-31-2020, 8:05 AM borno
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2020
    • Chippewa Falls, WI
    • Newcomer
    • Points 2

Hello StorageGuy007,

Thanks for the info!  I'll give that a try.  I haven't done much xml coding.  Are there options to this script?  Can I look at individual clients?

Thanks again!

Posted: 03-31-2020, 9:33 AM

no need to code XML its already there just import it and run it and the report is by client. you can also specify the storage policy to be even more specific.

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy