XCP-NG and CommVault

Last post 04-01-2020, 9:30 AM by Liam. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • XCP-NG and CommVault
    Posted: 03-31-2020, 7:42 AM

Hi guys,

Have you anybody experience with CV 11.x and Xen XCP-NG. ? So, in the compatibility list is still supported Citrix Xen. But we are looking for using CV 11.x with XCP-NG.

Many thanks Petr  

• Re: XCP-NG and CommVault
    Posted: 03-31-2020, 9:53 PM

Hi PetrHan

If the compatibility list in Books Online does not indicate whether XCP-NG is supported, I would recommend to engage Commvault Support to confirm this internally and if it is supported then the documentation can be updated to reflect this

Regards

Winston 

Posted: 04-01-2020, 3:06 AM

Hi Winston,

I have already contacted CV. At the moment is not in compatibility list and it is no supported (officially) . But is should be works. Of course, important is also license agreement and support of licensing of XCP.

I am lookup for anybody who has experience with CV + XCP. 

Many thanks for answer

Petr      

Posted: 04-01-2020, 9:09 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 06-04-2020, 4:59 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,838

What was the TR number with Support?

Posted: 04-01-2020, 9:21 AM

Hi Liam

No TR numberthereis. It was query me colleague (our engineer of CV)  to CV and we received this information:

I searched our Intranet AND our Support database but could not find any info.
    Perhaps you or customer can test and discuss with Commvault Technical Support.
    We do support:  http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp19/article?p=3302.htm

Versions
    of XenServers Supported
    ·       
    Citrix Hypervisor 8.0  
    Citrix XenServer 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.5, 7, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.6

What i have read that XCP-ng is the open-source version of XEN; so if XEN version is listed above it could/should work, but i did not find any traces of this within Commvault.

We have tested backup base operation in our lab and it seems be working.   

Now, we will check other ....     

Posted: 04-01-2020, 9:30 AM
    • Aplynx is not online. Last active: 06-04-2020, 4:59 PM Liam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • New Jersey
    • Master
    • Points 1,838

I would open a call with Support and they can check with Development to see if there are any known issues, if you should continue to use it and what the roadmap to supporting it looks like. 

CommVault may not support it for some reason and if that's the case, Support won't be able to help you if there is a problem. 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy