Data ageing after storgae policy changed

Last post 04-15-2020, 8:29 PM by Saurabh Srivastava. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Data ageing after storgae policy changed
    Posted: 04-02-2020, 12:05 PM

Hi all,

I have a query regarding data ageing.

I know that if you change the storage policy for a subclient , the last full of that subclient residing on old storage policy will not prune as per its retention steeing unless I run a full job of that subclient in the new storage policy.

This created a problem for me- 

I changed the storage policy of a sublicent and ran 2 incrementals on new storage policy and then deconfigured the client.

Now the data from the old storage policy copy is not ageing as per retention setting. In data ageing and forcasting report it says  "SP_CHANGE_KEEP_LAST_FULL".

The client is already deconfigured so I cannot run full on the new storage policy. and Commvault is able to recognise that the client has already been deconfigured.

Is there any key or setting which I can apply to ignore the change of storage policy for that subclient or any way that I can age off the job of old storage policy?

Saurabh Srivastava
  • Re: Data ageing after storgae policy changed
    Posted: 04-09-2020, 7:27 AM

Any idea about it please?

Regards,

Saurabh

Saurabh Srivastava
    Posted: 04-11-2020, 3:15 AM

Out of curiosity do you have the ignore cycles retention on deconfigured clients set to 1 in the Data Aging section of Media Management?

Posted: 04-12-2020, 1:59 PM

@Anthony.hodges- yes, that setting is already set to 1. Still my data retention and forcasting report shows- SP_CHANGE_KEEP_LAST_FULL for those clients/subclient's jobs.

Saurabh Srivastava
    Posted: 04-13-2020, 9:57 AM

Hi Saurabh,

it looks like here that the default sub-client was deconfigured is that correct? for now you can manually remove the jobs.

the expectiation is that the sub-client will remain active after switching storage policies and ageing will continue without full, but since it was deconfigured we are keeping it around.

there is a CMR to resolve this issue but please open a ticket with support and they can assist in cleaing up the older jobs.

Gary Seibak
    Technical Account Manager - Commvault
    Posted: 04-15-2020, 8:29 PM

Thanks Gary,

It means it is going to be fixed in next hotfix/sp/version. Am I right?

Regards,

Saurabh

Saurabh Srivastava
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy