Validation/Resynch of Deduplication Engine error 62:2525 cannot proceed

Last post 04-22-2020, 11:29 AM by originaljamster. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Validation/Resynch of Deduplication Engine error 62:2525 cannot proceed
    Posted: 04-22-2020, 11:29 AM

Hi all,

Just looking for some clarification please...I have a client who was having some issues with disk space on a couple of disk libraries. One of things I discovered is there are 2 DDBs which have Enable Physical Pruning disabled (those are also the only DDBs present).

To my knowledge, this setting was not disabled manually but other than running out of available disk space, no other actions were carried out. There are numerous events 62:2525 showing

Validation/Resynch of Deduplication Engine [XXXX] cannot proceed. Reason [Pruning is disabled on store].

Each DDB is therefore showing with a status of resynch scheduled.

My question is, would there be any scenario which would force the disabling of this setting other than say a DR recovery? I'm planning to just enable this setting on both DDBs but looking to check if there are any other gotchas/reasons why this should not be done.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy