jobhistory: Error 0x303: Invalid Client name

Last post 06-02-2020, 8:23 AM by KonG. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • jobhistory: Error 0x303: Invalid Client name
    Posted: 05-29-2020, 8:36 AM

Hello all,

I'm quite new to commvault backups and I'm this issue:

Installing the backup agent didn't output any errors, I can see the agent inside commvault console.

Everything works fine , FS backup , Oracle backup , Readiness is successful . The only issue I have is when trying to trigger backup/ see job history from inside the VM ( ./restoreclient.pl ) I'm having this error jobhistory: Error 0x303: Invalid Client name . Checking simpana status indicates the client name is correct , has anybody encountered this before . I would appreciate if an agent reinstallation could be avoided :) 

Thank you in advance,

KG

• Re: jobhistory: Error 0x303: Invalid Client name
    Posted: 06-01-2020, 10:24 PM

Hi KonG, and welcome.  Are you trying to just see the that backup job history on the client or are you trying to do a restore a job from the client?  Is it a File System Restore or Oracle?

If you are running Commvault v11, then perhaps have a look at the qCommands (qlogin, qlist, qoperation - requires an xml, qlogout) for command line operations on the client.

For more info on Linux File System Restores from the Command Line, see here

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=23181.htm#o23182

For more info on Oracle Restores from the Command Line, see here

http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=20565_2.htm

Posted: 06-02-2020, 6:57 AM

Hi KG,

Would you post the qcommand you are using and the client properties dialog screenshot where the client name, nethost name are present?

Thanks,

Sunil-

Posted: 06-02-2020, 7:11 AM

Hi Anthony ,

Thank you for your reply, I'm having this error message when trying to view the job history and to initiate a backup from the /restoreclient.pl , it's always the FS backup .

I used the ./qlogout and ./qlogin localadmin both loged in and out succesfully but the error is still there. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Kind regards,

KG

Posted: 06-02-2020, 7:19 AM

Hi Sunil,

Thank you for the reply , by client properties you mean the dialog the dialog in simpana status ?

Regards,

KG

Posted: 06-02-2020, 7:23 AM

Posted: 06-02-2020, 7:31 AM

Hi KG,

What is this tool restoreclient.pl? Is this shipped by Commvault? I'm not aware of this one.

And which Commvault service pack the client is at?

Thanks,

Sunil-

Posted: 06-02-2020, 7:37 AM

Hi Sunil,

That's correct it's included in the installation of the backup agent letting you trigger backups , restore files , add exclusions etc.

The client is at SP12

Thanks alot,

KG

Posted: 06-02-2020, 7:56 AM

Hi KG,

This script restoreClient.pl is developed by one of our customers. I suppose your provider is the same one.

This is not shipped or supported by Commvault. Can you contact your provider about the script? I will be glad to help with any Commvault documented procedure.

Thanks,

Sunil-

Posted: 06-02-2020, 8:23 AM

Hi Sunil,

Thank you for the help so far, much appreciated.

Kind regards,

KG

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy