No applications were found that are eligible for Application Aware / SQL / ORACLE

Last post 06-15-2020, 7:56 AM by ddwyer. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • No applications were found that are eligible for Application Aware / SQL / ORACLE
    Posted: 06-04-2020, 11:26 AM

Hello Guys,

CV 11 SP18 New Setup

Trying to make works Application aware backup on HyperV 2K16, but getting the same error each time = No applications were found that are eligible for Application Aware OR sometime the Snap workflow start but stuck in pending state..

The setup looks ok, subclient are separate on each type SQL or ORACLE Win, you can browse and backup simple VM

The account for hyperv or application are ok, CBT is ok as well, VSS provider is ok, etc...

We test the Application backup without "App Aware" but using a true client in the VM and it works fine, that mean the account are specified are well "Local admin +. ORA_DBA ou sys admin group"

We already test the following technotes

https://ma.commvault.com/Article/Details/59112

https://ma.commvault.com/Article/Details/50640

If someone experience the same problems, it wil be really nice to share with me

;0)

• Re: No applications were found that are eligible for Application Aware / SQL / ORACLE
    Posted: 06-08-2020, 3:26 AM

Hi Joss,

I've seen this issue occur for a few reasons. As per the KB articles sent through, can you see what the failure in the WorkflowEngine.log on the Commserve is stating?

Since this is a new setup, I don't believe it will be the issue caused by a duplicate client being created. I think the most likely cause will be a communication issue between the Hypervisor and the VM. 

WorkflowEngine.log should hopefully help clear it up.

David

• Re: No applications were found that are eligible for Application Aware / SQL / ORACLE
    Posted: 06-15-2020, 7:46 AM

OK guys, Final answer is

- No password with "

- Add each HyperV node as Proxy on the subclient

Posted: 06-15-2020, 7:56 AM

Nice one, thanks Joss.

I've recently also found that "&" in the Storage Policy name will cause havoc as well. I didn't know guest password was still an issue. "&" in the password used to cause problems as well.

David 

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy