Commvault Plug-In for vCloud Director

Last post 06-25-2020, 7:25 AM by Agility. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Commvault Plug-In for vCloud Director
    Posted: 06-23-2020, 5:47 AM

Hey all,

Im looking for users with experience on the vCloud Director plugin.

I am trying to install the plugin to our test enviroment,

and in the documented install process, there is a mention of a Configuration Commvault Credentials wizard.

(section 12 in the installation documentation: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp18/article?p=124601_1.htm)

However, after I have uploaded the plugin to vCloud, no wizard appears?

Does anyone have any experience with this tool?

I tried the forum search, and could not find any post about the plugin.

• Re: Commvault Plug-In for vCloud Director
    Posted: 06-23-2020, 8:32 AM

Hey,

thanks for bringing this up,

Once the plugin is uploaded to the vCloud, refresh the page once and then try looking for "Commvault data protection" at the vcloud menu,

When you'll access it for the first time you should then land on the Configuration wizard,

Let us know if you're still facing any trouble with this.

Posted: 06-24-2020, 4:32 AM

Yeah,

i tried refreshing the page, restarting the browser, changing to another browser, clearing the cache of the browser, rebooting the computer, trying from another OS etc...

The configuration wizard just does not start.

Posted: 06-24-2020, 5:17 AM

Oh okay,

Can you please escalate this issue formally through Commvault support ?

so that we can check this further.

Posted: 06-25-2020, 7:25 AM

Issuing a ticket to the support requires a error code from the commcell console, which in this case I do not have :)

Edit: The field just needed to be empty, I tried to to fill it with a dash.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy