Need the FQDN in my Report

Last post 07-06-2020, 10:44 AM by stefan.vollrath. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Need the FQDN in my Report
    Posted: 07-03-2020, 4:20 AM
    Good morning, 

I had set the setting "nAllowDuplicateHostName" yesterday.
    Because I have systems which are not visible with the FQDN in the report.
    Yesterday I was able to customize a client, but today Commvault doesn't allow it. "Client with the name you supplied already present. Duplicate client names are not allowed." 
    Is there a possibility that I get the host or display name as client name in the report "Monthly Client Growth" ?

With kind regards

Thomas

• Re: Need the FQDN in my Report
    Posted: 07-06-2020, 12:24 AM

Hello Thomas,

Is this the report that you are using https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/135/665/12196 ?

What is the version/feature release that you are using?

We have rebuilt most of the reports to use display name of the client. I will check this report and give you an updated one to show the display name. Please confirm if that will help. 

Thanks

Dinesh

• Re: Need the FQDN in my Report
    Posted: 07-06-2020, 10:44 AM

Be aware that those are three different Names for Commvault, DisplayName can be duplicate by default (f.E. for vCenter-VSA Client and vCenter als VM). ClientName has to be unique and that can't be changed. ClientHostname usually has to be unique but can be overwritten by the Key you use. 

What do you intend to accieve? Maybe merging the clients would be the better way.

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy