Email notification for new update

Last post 07-30-2020, 4:41 AM by vladan.kojanic. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Email notification for new update
    Posted: 07-08-2020, 4:08 PM

Hello Forum,

After we initiate a update of Commvault agent on users computers/laptops, we want to send notification to them. I create Alert with all necessery elements (Criteria selection, Notification type..) but when come to Users and Groups Selection we stuck. We tray to  put different groups, but only Admin got email when put "Admin" or "master" in "To" field.

Is there any catch how to send email notification to users when theirs computers had a new updates installed? I even make a new group (named "Employee")  and for members I put "Domain users", but still there is no notification.

Thanks.

• Re: Email notification for new update
    Posted: 07-10-2020, 2:00 AM

Here is some screenshots from our settings.

1. Alert notification

2. User group with all users

Posted: 07-30-2020, 4:10 AM

Hi vladan

The approach you are going through looks to be correct

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=5273.htm

You are using the Software Update (Alert Category), I think what is missing are the Alert Token

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=5446.htm#o113676

Maybe give the following token a go

<OWNER EMAIL>

<OWNER NAME>

Regards

Winston

Posted: 07-30-2020, 4:41 AM

Hi Winston,

I can try that, but the strange is that if I put Admin or master into "To" the administrator will get that notice. But when I put Group name "Zaposleni", users not get that notification:

Here is a option to add Token:

The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2020 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy