MySQL Agent Installation on VM

Last post 07-17-2020, 10:10 AM by Sudheer. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • MySQL Agent Installation on VM
    Posted: 07-16-2020, 1:11 PM

Documenation is sending me circles; I'm trying to install mysql agent on a vm. I only have a sudo user account and the gui install seems to want a root user

Cmd line installation documenation is not helping me at all :(.

Can anyone help with installing on the VM from cmd line using a downloaded MySQL package?

• Re: MySQL Agent Installation on VM
    Posted: 07-17-2020, 7:58 AM

Provide sudo user name and password fron GUI, install should work. 

If you want to do interactive install, from sudo user run sudo su comamnd and then run cvpkagadd command. 

Example. 

[sudheer@mysql7 ~]$ sudo su
    [sudo] password for sudheer:
    [root@mysql7 sudheer]# cd /recuts/11.0.0/BUILD80/SP20DVD/Unix
    [root@mysql7 Unix]# ./cvpkgadd
    Posted: 07-17-2020, 7:59 AM

Provide sudo user name and password fron GUI, install should work. 

If you want to do interactive install, from sudo user run sudo su comamnd and then run cvpkagadd command. 

Example. 

[sudheer@mysql7 ~]$ sudo su
    [sudo] password for sudheer:
    [root@mysql7 sudheer]# cd /recuts/11.0.0/BUILD80/SP20DVD/Unix
    [root@mysql7 Unix]# ./cvpkgadd
    Posted: 07-17-2020, 8:36 AM

Forgive me but I've never done linux installs.

There is no cvpkgadd directory.

I'm downloading a custom media package for Linux from the clould site right now.

Posted: 07-17-2020, 10:10 AM
    cvpkgadd is file not a direcotry, it is file in install media of commvault pkg. 
    run the file using from install media with ./cvpkgadd 

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=2009.htm 
    1. Run the following command from the installation package or mount point:

./cvpkgadd

To run the installation as a SUDO user with root privileges, use the following command:

sudo ./cvpkgadd

2. On the welcome page, click Next.
    3. On the Install Task page, select Install packages on this machine and then click Next.
    4. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.

If you want to install Commvault in decoupled mode, where the client does not establish connections with the CommServe computer, complete the following steps:

1. When you reach the CommServe Host Name page, do not specify the host name, and then click Next.
      2. On the Decoupled Install page, select Yes and then click Next.
The content of the forums, threads and posts reflects the thoughts and opinions of each author, and does not represent the thoughts, opinions, plans or strategies of Commvault Systems, Inc. ("Commvault") and Commvault undertakes no obligation to update, correct or modify any statements made in this forum. Any and all third party links, statements, comments, or feedback posted to, or otherwise provided by this forum, thread or post are not affiliated with, nor endorsed by, Commvault.
Commvault, Commvault and logo, the “CV” logo, Commvault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, Commvault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, QuickSnap, QSnap, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, SnapProtect, ROMS, and CommValue, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Commvault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
Close
Copyright © 2021 Commvault | All Rights Reserved. | Legal | Privacy Policy